Friday, September 24, 2010

Security and Bagels

We met with our security detail in Atlanta. Judging by looks alone…we are pretty secure! It was a little unnerving to get their instructions on what would happen if we were in the area of an “event” and they needed to move us quickly. We were also briefed on greetings, when to nod a greeting or when to shake someone’s hand. No one expects any problems during this trip but it’s their job to make sure we are safe and that’s what they intend to do. And trust me, they take that job very seriously.

Seat 11A. My seat from Atlanta to Paris is 11A. Which on this airbus is in the second row of coach. From here I have a perfect view of how the folks in first class travel. Especially the Frenchman sitting in row 8C, he’s in my direct line of sight. I don’t know if I have ever been so aware of “coveting” anything before, but this morning I coveted his nice, hot, in a regular coffee cup, cup of coffee, and his bagel with cream cheese. I think I’m over it now, I was finally served my tiny Styrofoam cup of coffee and banana and I’m trying not to look toward 8C for the duration of this flight. Enjoy your coffee Mr. Frenchman.

In seats 10A and 10B are two of the Gold Star mom’s from Utah. 10B is also a Blue Star mom. Her oldest son was killed in Iraq and her youngest son is deploying to Afghanistan on Saturday. She’s on her way to Iraq. I think I would be a basket case if I were in her shoes.

ch

No comments:

Post a Comment